Terms & Conditions
We appreciate most guests will respect our beautiful properties but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following Terms & Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are valid from 30 October 2015 and supersede all previous Terms and Conditions. Any queries please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1.1. “Booking” means the period for which you have stayed, or intend to stay, at the property.
- 1.2. “Property” means the premises you have booked and all its fixtures, fittings, and equipment.
- 1.3. “Management” means Unwind Holidays.
- 1.4. “Guests” mean the persons who stay overnight at the property during the booking.
- 1.5. “Visitor” means a person or guest permitted to visit the property during the booking.
- 1.6. “Owner” means the person or persons or legal entity that owns the Property.
- Unwind Holidays strives to pass on as much cost savings to the holidaymakers as possible through its direct dealings with owners of each apartment. As such, we normally do not accept cancellations or changes. We do not offer a refund if you simply change your mind.
- Guests must notify us in writing and the following cancellation fees apply:
- 30 days or less prior to arrival - 100% of the total booking will be forfeited
- Greater than 31 days of arrival - $500 forfeited
- Payment of deposit constitutes acceptance of our terms and conditions.
- We understand that sometimes changes to your travel dates are unavoidable. Should you wish to change your booking date, a fee of $100 will be incurred and must be paid at the time of change.
- Changes are only allowed if made more than 31 days before arrival.
- Total booking of changed dates must be the same as or greater than the original booking.
- No changes are permitted within 30 days or less prior to arrival.
- If you cancel your accommodation and we can secure a replacement booking for the same period and at the same tariff, your deposit will be refunded less a $100.00 administration fee.
- If we do not secure a replacement booking, your deposit is not refundable.
- If you shorten the period of your stay, the unused portion of your rental is not refundable.
- A deposit of 25% is payable to secure a booking. Please note that payment of deposit constitutes acceptance of our terms and conditions.
- We only accept Mastercard or Visa. Fees apply. Payments may be organised to our account by direct deposit.
- Prices may be subject to change without notice. Any monies received for rental on a property is considered a confirmed booking and therefore the price as originally stated will not change.
- The descriptions of rental properties are made in good faith. Unwind Holidays will accept no responsibility for misdescription of properties.
- Advance bookings are accepted on behalf of the current owner. If the property is sold or is no longer available for holiday accommodation, the agent does not accept responsibility for the decisions made by the owner. In the event of advance bookings being cancelled by the owner and/or agent, a full refund will apply. Every reasonable effort will be made to offer alternative accommodation should this occur.
- Balance payment must be fully paid 14 days before arrival.
- Christmas & New Years bookings must be fully paid 30 days prior to arrival.
- All bookings MUST be paid in full prior to handing over of keys. Keys will not be handed over if payments in FULL is not made.
- Guests may pay a bond for the accommodation. This can be paid via credit card.
- Minimum booking is two nights. However, this may differ during seasons. Please check with the office to find out more.
- Unwind Holidays takes credit card fraud and dispute seriously. Any credit card fraud or dispute lodged inappropriately will result in Unwind Holidays seeking the services of a debt collection company against the cardholder or person making the booking. This may impact on the cardholder’s future credit rating and credit history.
- Unwind Holidays participate in the Bad Book register. By accepting this booking you hereby agree that if you or any occupant covered by this booking, including any guests, breach our Terms and Conditions your Name, Phone Number and Email address along with details of the breach/breaches may be disclosed to the property landlord and/or other agents participating in the Bad Book register. Unwind Holidays reserves the right to cancel a booking where a guest may be registered on Bad Books.
- Unwind Holidays strongly recommend that all guests take out appropriate travel insurance to cover travel arrangements. Travel insurance is also strongly recommended by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade for all overseas travel.
- If your booking is for Schoolies weekend, please note that special conditions apply in addition to those listed in this entire section.
- Please make sure you have received a copy of these terms and conditions when you make your booking.
- The bond will be refunded once our housekeeping team clean and check the unit and wash and dry the linen to ensure all stains have been removed.
- Refunds normally take 5 -14 days, depending on paid via credit card or direct deposit.
- For a quicker processing time, please pay bond via Credit Card rather than direct deposit.
- Once we refund bond monies, it may take up to 30 days for internet bank transfers to show.
- The bond balance may be returned within 5 - 30 days of your departure date.
- Guest agrees to indemnify Unwind Holidays for any delays or costs associated with the bond.
- An increased bond may be incurred for group bookings or schoolies bookings at our discretion.
- In the event of a bond claim, Unwind will charge an Admin Fee and a Host Fee at $25 per hour.
- Unwind Holidays reserves the right to lodge a police report of the damages and/or a proceeding.
- Unwind Holidays reserves the right to engage with a debt collection agency to recover any money not covered by your stay or your bond.
Guests Agree to Indemnify Unwind
Guests agree to indemnify Unwind Holidays and its holding company or any of its employees, agents or subcontractors against any demand, liability, damage, fines, loss or expense of any of its employees, agents or subcontractors against any demand, liability, damage, fines, loss or expense of any kind arising from but not limited to:
- The guest’s breach of the terms and conditions on our website;
- The availability or quality of the service;
- An error or misrepresentation of information provided to us by suppliers;
- Loss of or damage to, or theft of property, loss of life, injury or loss of employment in connection with the service.
All properties managed by Unwind Holidays are privately owned and are rented on a fully self-contained basis. Therefore you must respect the property at all times and leave it as you find it. No smoking is permitted inside the home/apartment. A fee may be charged should the above occur.
The agent or its representative may enter & inspect the property at any time to investigate complaints without prior notice.
Any breach of the house rules, our terms and conditions of booking and body corporate bylaws may result in eviction and a loss of accommodation payment and bond.
All apartments are individually owned and furnished, as such, each apartment may vary in terms of furnishings.
Guests who require after-hours service are to call our after-hours contact number on 0411 141 329 and leave a voicemail. You will be contacted by our after-hours team member as soon as possible.
Noise, Visitors, Parties
- Unwind Holidays has a strict "No Party Policy".
- Guests and Visitors must not create noise, which is offensive to occupiers of neighbouring properties especially between 10 pm - 8 am and during arrival and departure at any time throughout the occupancy.
- All our houses have a policy whereby the facilities at the house are available ONLY to the guests who are booked and paid for. If you are intending to invite day guests, you must receive prior agreement in writing. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Use contrary to this may result in additional charges.
- Excessive noise may result in eviction and immediate loss of bond.
- No refund will be available if this happens.
- Excess noise or behaviour that is threatening or excessive to neighbours will not be tolerated.
- We ask that children in your group refrain from playing in hallways or driveways which could be dangerous for them.
- Guests that are making excess noise or damaging a property can be given 3 warnings and be asked to leave the property and no monies will be refunded to the guest.
- Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination of rental. No music should be played outside of the house and any music and noise must be kept to a minimum after 10 pm. Offensive noise is prohibited and may result in termination of permission to occupy the property, eviction, loss of rental paid and extra charges for security and other expenses which may be deducted from Security Deposit or Bond under the Terms and Conditions
- Guests and Visitors must not engage in anti-social behaviour and must minimise their impact on the residential amenity of neighbours and the local community. Guests are responsible for ensuring that visitors comply with these House Rules.
- Holding Parties, BBQs or any type of Function whereby extra people are invited onto the property is not allowed without prior written approval and by doing so may cancel your booking and forfeit your security deposit.
- The number of guests must not exceed the number on the booking form. Breach of this term may result in an eviction and loss of accommodation.
- Guest and Visitors must comply with all House Rules, By-Laws and instructions from the Manager and security services during their stay and must notify the Manager of any disputes or complaints from neighbours as soon as is practicable.
- Each holiday home/apartment is equipped for a specific number of guests. It is against Health Department regulations for more persons to occupy a property than there are beds to accommodate them. No mattresses, tents or caravans, or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed. If a property is reported to be overloaded, the tenants will be asked to vacate with no refund made.
- All our Properties are NON-Smoking properties.
- Please do not discard butts ANYWHERE on the property including lawns and gardens.
- All repairs will be carried out as soon as practicable.
- On public holidays, weekends and after hours it may at times be difficult to get tradespeople immediately.
- We will make every effort to minimise inconvenience, however partial refunds or discounts will not be given.
- In the event of a major problem rendering the property uninhabitable, we will make every effort to find alternative suitable accommodation for you.
- Should a tradesperson attend to affect a repair that is found not to be required, the guest may be required to pay for the tradespersons service call charge.
- Any item thrown off the balcony will result in immediate eviction.
- Children must be supervised on the balcony at all times
- Furniture and other items must not be placed next to or on the edge of the balcony as children could climb on these
- Guests agree to supervise children on the balcony at all times.
- Guests agree to ensure balcony and windows are locked before exiting the apartment.
- A fee of $50 - $150 cash applies for a lockout.
- Guests agree to cover this costs before the property is opened.
- If a member of our maintenance staff is required for onsite assistance outside our normal trading hours of Monday to Friday 9 am - 5 pm, that is the result of loss of keys, lockout of accommodation or any issue that arises that is not the responsibility or fault of Unwind Holidays, a call out fee of $150 will be charged.
- In the event of the key is lost, guests agree to cover the costs of new locks for the entire house.
- If keys and/or remotes are lost, the changing of the locks and replacement of keys and/or remotes will be at your expense. The keys and/or remotes are your responsibility so please take care of them.
After-Hours Contact, Check-In & Check-Out
- If you expect to arrive early in the day and would like immediate access to your apartment, we recommend booking the apartment for the prior night to guarantee immediate access.
- Similarly, for late departures, reserving an additional night will guarantee access to your apartment until you depart. If you choose not to reserve an additional night, we can offer an early check-in fee or late check out for a fee, subject to availability, please call the host or the office.
- During check-in, you will be supplied with a guest correspondence after hours number.
- You agree to keep this number with you at all times.
- Unwind Holidays will not be responsible for any loss you incur if you do not call the emergency after hours number for after-hours emergency assistance.
- By booking with Unwind Holidays, you agree to indemnify Unwind Holidays and its property owners of any loss you incur if you lose the emergency number or fail to retain the emergency number with you at all times.
- A fee of $25 per hour applies for calls to the after-hours emergency/host number that is not deemed an emergency.
- If a situation arises where maintenance/repairs are required on the property you must contact Unwind Holidays and under no circumstances employ a tradesperson direct.
Guest's Personal Property
- Unwind Holidays and the owners of each property are not responsible for the holidaymakers' personal properties while staying in our accommodation.
- Guests agree to not breach any health or fire regulations or other pertinent laws when residing in our accommodation.
- Damages or breakage of any item in the apartment during the guest’s residency period is the guest’s responsibility. Costs of repairs and replacement will be charged to the guest’s credit card provided during check-in if the bond is insufficient to cover these items.
- If a guest sets off a fire alarm to the Fire Department, guests may be liable for a brigade call out fee.
- Guests also agree to not clean fish on the premises.
- Pets are not allowed in certain holiday rentals, as advised.
- Unwind Holidays reserves the right to terminate a guest’s tenancy with no monies or bond returned should any of the terms and conditions and house rules are not met.
- Fires – Please do not light any fires on the property grounds
- The number of occupants, including children, must not exceed the maximum number of people as advised by you at the time of booking. No mattresses, tents or caravans or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed.
- Should you exceed the accepted number of occupants upon the property, our office will terminate your tenancy requiring you to vacate the property immediately.
- Under these circumstances, no refund will be given an alternative accommodation will not be made available.
- Many homes have a locked closet that belongs to the owner. Tampering with locked doors will result in a charge and legal action by the owner.
- Furniture must not be re-arranged if moved a charge of $50 will apply.
- All guests are responsible for keeping the property secure during their stay and will be responsible for any theft or damage due to neglect in this area.
- All guests are responsible for any loss or damage arising from breakages or other damage to the property or common property during their stay, including any additional cleaning, removal of excess garbage, repairs or replacement of items in the property.
- No liability is accepted for any injury, debt, damage, loss, delay, expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events beyond the owner or Unwind Holidays control. No responsibility is taken for guests personal property left on or near the premises. It is recommended that guests take out personal property insurance or adequate travel insurance should any unexpected situations arise before or during your travel period.
- All apartments managed by Unwind Holidays are privately owned and operated and have no affiliation with the On-site management.
- All services and assistance must be directed to Unwind Holidays.
- If you choose to call for services/repairs etc through the On-site management and not Unwind Holidays, no responsibility will be accepted by Unwind Holidays.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Guests agree for Unwind Holidays team to attend to any unsatisfactory cleaning issues upon check-in or, if after the housekeeping team has left for the day, immediately on the next day of check-in.
- Maintenance of appliances, amenities and facilities inside each property can only be done in a reasonable time frame.
- All appliances, amenities and facilities within each property are provided in good faith by the property owner for the use of the guest.
- Use of these appliances, amenities and facilities is subject to wear and tear, and guests agree that any repairs necessary will be attended to within a reasonable time frame.
- Guests agree not to hold Unwind Holidays or the property owner/s liable for any inconvenience or loss sustained if any appliances, amenities or facilities break down in the apartment.
- Air Conditioning – Please allow the air conditioning units several minutes to “warm up”, and please close doors and windows when using the air conditioners. We request that they are turned off when you leave the buildings.
- All our apartments are fully self-contained apartments. All bookings are for room rate only and do not include any cleaning or servicing DURING your stay. If you wish to organise additional cleaning during your stay, additional charges may apply. Please contact the office for more information.
Reservation Changes & Cancellations
- Whilst Unwind Holidays strives to ensure the property is available for you as booked, we reserve the right to make an alteration to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Unwind Holidays cannot be held liable for any omissions or errors regarding a property's facilities or services.
- We may offer alternative accommodation of a similar standard should this occur.
- At times situations arise of which we have no control which may affect your reservation.
- We will not be responsible if the property is not available due to inclement weather conditions or other acts of God, war or threat of war, civil disturbances, strikes or airport closure or any technical issues with transport.
- If required, Unwind Holidays reserves the right to move visitors to an alternative accommodation of a similar standard at their discretion or the direct instruction of the property owners.
- If this is the case, we will notify you as soon as possible and make every reasonable effort to make sure you are satisfied with your new address.
- When booking your accommodation, our staff has taken great care to describe your holiday accommodation to you as accurately as possible.
- However, Unwind Holidays cannot accept responsibility for incorrect descriptions, errors or omissions.
- When a booking is made, the deposit is accepted for the owner at that time.
- At times situations arise of which we have no control. Unwind Holidays reserves the right to move guests to alternate accommodation (subject to availability) at their discretion or the direct instruction of the property owner.
- If this is the case, we will notify you as soon as possible and make every reasonable effort to make sure you are satisfied with your new address.
- If the property is for sale and the ownership changes before your holiday, we cannot guarantee that the property will remain available.
- We cannot accept responsibility for decisions made by a new owner.
- However, if the property is sold, you will be notified, allowing Unwind Holidays time to organise you alternative accommodation, if possible, where this is not possible a full refund will be provided.
- If personal property left behind is located and a guest requests its return, guest agrees to return to the property within 7 days and organises with Unwind to pick up items.
- If guests request items to be posted at guests expense. Items will be charged at General postage + handling charges of an extra $20 on top.
- These items will be disposed of after 7 days if not claimed.
- In general, the personal information we collect from you includes (but is not limited to) your name, contact details including phone numbers, email and postal addresses and financial information, including your credit card details.
- This information is required for us to administer your booking and allow us to correspond with you, in relation to your enquiry or booking.
- We may also provide you with ongoing information via email, to let you know of happenings and specials. (You can opt out from this at any time.)
- We will not use your information for anything other than its intended use and do not pass any of your personal information to third parties that are not directly related to the booking process.
- Our payment gateway is a secure page hosted by a secure St George & Commonwealth Bank server.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access, including by means of firewalls, password protection and encryption of credit card transactions.
- However, you acknowledge that the security of online transactions and the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed.
- You provide information to us via the internet or by post at your own risk.
- We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not within our control.
- You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party (including third parties that we are permitted to disclose your personal information to in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws).
- The collection and use of your information by such third party/ies may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
- If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.